Subject: Re: More Modeler Things
From: Dave Carlton <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 94 18:49:25 EDT

---
Stuart wrote:
|When you buy multi-platform LightWave you won't actually get a
|Windows 3.x executable.  What you'll get is the Winodws NT
|binary and something from Microsoft called Win32s.  Win32s, when
|installed on your Windows 3.x system, allows you to run WinNT
|programs from normal Windows.
 
To a point. =) If you support certain NT functions it will not work
with Win32s, as they are not included in the subset, unfortunately. 
(things like the multi-threaded tasking, certain calls to libraries,
 etcetera...)
 
Hopefully this will shortly not even be a question. MS seems very much 
to want to bury Win3.x as soon as it's feasible. 
 
Cheers,
Dave Carlton - Flatcat Imaging